The annual Women's Empowerment Conference (WE Con) is presented every spring by the Women's Community Center of Central Texas. WE Con strives to be a welcoming community event where women, girls, femmes, and those who care about them can share knowledge and insights, build community, and find self-empowerment. Check out the WE Con 2016 website for more information.
- Recognize and honor intersectional differences across cultures and experiences.
- Encourage people to engage with their whole selves, not just with one part of their identity.
- Share leadership and encourage accountability within the community.
- Make space to share stories and highlight experiences.
- Center and uplift women of color, trans & queer people of color organizers, speakers, presenters, and participants.
- Acknowledge the continued work to strive for further inclusivity.
- Provide resources and tools for self-empowerment.
- Celebrate the creativity and talent of the community.